Monday, July 19, 2010

Unit 10 - Personal Assessment

1. Review your unit 3 personal assessment of your psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being. Reflect on these areas . How did you score yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 in unit 3? How do you score yourself now? Has the score changed? Why or why not?

Based on my assessment from unit 3 my physical wellbeing was rated as a 7 – I now rate myself at a 9 as I have included in my workout schedule weight training and cardio. It helps me to relieve stress and feel good about myself. Spiritually I rated myself at a 5 – I am now at a 6, this is a slow process for me, but with continued meditation I believe that I will be able to increase my faith and spiritual wellbeing allowing God to handle my problems by praying more. Psychologically I rated myself at a 7 – I am still at a 7, I need to be able to learn to keep a still mind which would allow me to focus and concentrate on my well-being. Being able to grow psychologically is something that I need to do in order for me to let go of obstacles that may arise.

2. Review the goals and activities you set for yourself in each area. Have you made progress toward the goals? Explain.

My goals:
Physical wellbeing was to have a routine exercise program where I could at least get a 45 minutes workout 3 - 5 days a week. I have achieved this goal and workout at 4 days a week.

Spiritual wellbeing I wanted to start attending church more often and read books that will open my mind and spirit to reunite with my physical body by having a closer walk with God. I still have to work towards this goal and get myself on the right track by opening up my heart and mind.

Psychological goal was to have that awareness of calmness in my mind and body, and being able to make the change that will lead me to becoming a whole person physically, spiritually, and psychologically. I have begun working on this goal also, but sometimes I get distracted and have to refocus my mind. I do this by doing some of the meditation exercises which does help.

3. Have you implemented the activities you chose for your well-being in each of the three areas? Explain.

I have started to implement the different activities that I have chosen. Some of these activities (spiritual and psychological) are taking a little longer to get into than others, but overall I find that I am making progress.

4. Summarize your personal experience throughout this course. Have you developed improved well-being? What has been rewarding? What has been difficult? How will this experience improve your ability to assist others?

My personal experience in this course has been quite an experience. Before taking this course I never gave thought to just how important all aspects of life are and how my spiritual, physical, and psychological wellbeing have to be connected in order to reach and maintain my wellness and health. Keeping an open mind and heart is essential if I want to have a clear mind and positive thoughts.

Practicing the meditation exercises has helped me to have a clearer picture of how life is supposed to be. I am now less stressed and not easily frustrated. The rewarding part of this course is being able to keep a positive attitude and improve my overall health and spiritual life. This experience has made me realize just how much we take for granted in life and once I can get myself together on that path to integral healing then it is up to me to share this joy, peace and calm with others.

I wish everyone good health and success as you continue to grow spiritually, phsyically, and psychologically.

2 comments:

  1. It was nice being in class togeather, I wish you and your family the best of luck. I hope you continue with success on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beryl, congrats on your workout schedule, I could only wish to do that well physically. I tell myself I need to get motivated, but I also tell myself one problem at a time. I have chose to work on my awareness to what I put in my body. I hope that will boost my energy and physical wellness so I feel more like getting outside on my bike. I have been trying to follow my blood type diet, but my downfalls are ice cream and pasta. No dairy or wheat products of any kind...that is so hard for me. Baby steps...

    Take care and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete