Monday, July 5, 2010

Favorite Exercises - Unit 8

The two exercises that I have found most valuable are Loving-Kindness and Subtle mind. The loving-kindness exercise has helped to release negative emotions and stress. I have started practicing this exercise whenever I get really frustrated and it has helped me to find peace and calm. The subtle mind exercise was one that was really hard for me when I first did it, but since I've been practicing my breating I've found this exercise to be very fulfilling.

Both of these exercises have helped me to open my heart and mind to the positive things in life and let go of all the negative thoughts. Practicing these exercises have helped me to refocus on my spiritual well-being and getting all aspects of my life together. I have found that by practicing these exercise I tend to feel a sense of relief, relaxation, and inner peace. I can go through my days without becoming frustrated and stressed out.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Beryl

    I also like the Subtle Mind exercise. I have to say, before this class I never did any type of meditation other than the simple exercises we did in yoga class. Now I can't imagine not doing meditation. It has helped me relax and destress so much. I'm glad it's working for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think the key is to be open-minded, release the negative and replace it with positive. We must always be striving to become more than we are, and reaching limits beyond what we think we are capable of doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beryl,
    I also found both of these very beneficial, although the subtle mind exercise was a bit more difficult. Patience and persistence definitely pay off. I like how positive and open-minded you are. Releasing negativity starts within ourselves and only we can make it happen by looking positively at life. We have tremendous potential and room for improving ourselves, starting with these exercises. I think that I need more practice, but it has really helped me as well and it is great to hear about your results. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these seeing others feel better. I think it is wonderful that you are feeling less stressed and experiencing more happiness in life :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beryl,
    I also like these exercises. Before starting this class, I had just started with meditation. Now, I find myself more calm, able to handle stress better, and not get upset over the small things. It has helped me start to feel happy again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beryl, it has been nice having you as a classmate. I hope you have good luck in everything you strive for. Good luck with your schooling.

    ReplyDelete