Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Meeting Asciepius" & Leading Others - Unit 7

This has been one of the hardest exercise for me to focus on. It gets hard for me to visualize just one person and mind keeps wandering all over the place. It was also hard to stay focused because I could not find a quiet place where I could really concentration on what was being said on the CD. I feel that this exercise would probably provide some very useful if I could concentrate on the beam of light and allowing my mind to remain still. I will make use of this exercise by practicing it again in a quiet area where I can really focus and concentrate. These exercises are good for the growth and development of my spiritual and psychological wellness. They provide that peace and calm needed to let go of the stress of life. I hope that one day I can fully benefit from these exercises spiritually, physically, mentally and psychologicaly.

"One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself."

This is very true as I believe that for Health and Wellness professionals to be effective in the care of their patients. For their patients to grow and develop spiritually, psychologically, and physically the health care professional has to have gone down that path and developed in the same three areas. Spiritual, physical and psychological growth are all important with the healing of others and health care professionals themselves must go through that spiritual growth.

I can implement psychological and spiritual growth in my own personal life by practicing meditative exercises. Learning to keep a still mind would allow me to focus and concentrate on my well-being. Being able to grow spiritually and psychologically is something that I need to do in order for me to let go of obstacles that may arise. Once I can reach that stage of growth I will be able to handle and overcome anything that life may throw my way.

1 comment:

  1. You are right these exercises are good for growth and development of my spiritual and psychological wellness. You will be ablt to successfully complete the exercises with a little practice. I wish you the best of luck throughout your life.

    ReplyDelete