Sunday, June 20, 2010

Loving Kindness and Integral Assement Exercises - Unit 6

After having a long week, I can say that I have had a peaceful weekend especially since it was raining and there was nothing to do but stay indoors. The loving-kindness did not have the effect on me that I expected, but I am willing to continue practicing this exercise by allowing myself to relax and get into that open frame of mind.

The aspect of my life that needs continued growth and focus is psychospiritual. I feel that this is the most underdeveloped aspect of my life and I need to learn how to let go of all the negative thoughts and replace them with positive thoughts, attitude, and behavior. In order for me to reach that psychological development I must get rid of the mental chatter and practice more loving kindness exercises. I feel that if I continue to practice these exercises and meditate on a regularly basis I can find that inner peace and be able to face each day stress free.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Beryl

    It seems we have the same need to develop psychospiritually. That is the weakest part of my life for sure. It looks like you have a plan to further your development in that area. I think if we keep working on it, we'll get there. I've already come a long way in just realizing that psychospiritual development is essential for total health. I really hadn't given that part of my life much thought in the past. So, here's to growth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beryl What you are trying to do with your spiritual growth is something truly amazing, think of the individuals that go thru life with out ever experiencing any type of spiritual growth. Then there are the individuals that look at you in a very odd way if you mention any thing spiritual. Good Post Thanks Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plan for the integration of positivity into your life...never can have too much! Keep up the great ideas and good work. :)
    Jackie Hand

    ReplyDelete