Sunday, June 13, 2010

Subtle Mind Exercise - Unit 5

It was very hard for me to focus on this exercise, I started it over about three time and then once I got into it about halfway through there was a lot of static. The subtle mind exercise takes a lot of practice to reach that level of keeping a clear and focused mind. Between these two exercises I enjoyed the loving-kindness better because not only was I able to relax myself but I was able to focus my mind on someone that I love and open my heart to the good things I feel about that person. When I was done with the loving-kindness exercise it left me feeling refreshed and very calm.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Beryl, I am glad that you enjoyed the exercise. I had the same problem with the subtle mind CD, I believe it is posted on doc sharing. Enjoyed reading your posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beryl:
    I had trouble with the subtle mind CD also. Hard to relax with the static. I liked the loving-kindness exercise better also. Great posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beryl. I also had static issues with this exercise. I most certainly agree with you that it does take a lot of practice to reach a clear, subtle, and focused mind. I believe that I also enjoyed the loving-kindness exercise better, but they all seem to be helpful. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beryl,

    I did not have any problem with my copy but I found this exercise to be a bit boring. As I said on my blog, because I was a music major, I kept hearing the waves and music on a perpetual loop. Every time the loop started over, it would break my concentration. I listened to it all the way through but it would have been better if the waves and music were continuous. I use something like this exercise when I am beginning my yoga workout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a proble with my cd too. I think I would have enjoyed this exercise. If there is a copy in the doc sharing then I will repeat the practice. I look forward to practicing these exercises because I want to have the happiness and peace in my life.

    ReplyDelete